Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting Fresh


This past year has thrown me a few curve balls (read this and understand). With a job that is “all consuming”, I’ve had an awful time engaging in the things I love. I’ve fallen behind on friendships, magazines, reading, blogging, gym time, bath time, going out, blah blah blah. 2010 has got to be about “me” getting back to “me”.

So hopefully these New Year’s Resolutions will get me there:

Lose it. Drop the 6.5 lbs I’ve put on since moving to San Francisco.
Gym. Tues & Thus after work, any additional time would be great, but I doubt it will happen in Jan
Red Wine. Learn to love it. I love white, but red is better for my heart (so I’ve been told)
Cook. 1 new item a month that sparks my interest from a cookbook or magazine (baking counts too)
French Class. Some way, some how, I will learn to speak French (this has been a resolution for 3 years). I got to Paris in July!
High Heels. Wear them. It's as simple as that.
Figure “it” out. Long story, involves a bar, coffee shop, record store, or clothing boutique. TJ & I need to nail it down and make it happen.

7 comments:

thefatandskinnyonfashion said...

You can do it!

Hello, darling said...

In terms of the cookbook or magazine thing, there's a really good webiste I've recently started using called Foodgawker.com If you sign up [which is free] it allowes you to save recipes that you love. Good luck with the new resolutions!

Laurel said...

I love vegetarian times!! I get the magazine... but they are also online for free.

Belle Vie said...

You can achieve anything to set your mind to. Where there is a will there is a way ♥
My husband purchased Rosetta Stone for me before our trip to Paris and it was very helpful. Although, mostly everyone speaks english, it is helpful to know a few key phrases.
For recipes, I turn to crepesofwrath, smitten kitchen, and chocolat and zucchini. I, too, like Foodgawker.

Slumber Designs said...

These are some great resolutions! I might have to steal some from you ;-) But just put your mind to it and they can can all happen!

Jen

www.slumberdesigns.com

whitney said...

As someone else struggling through her 20's I can't tell you how helpful its been to read through your honest accounts of finding happiness. Am still working on it myself - but in reference to Figuring "it" out I'm learning we just have to decide what "it" is, be fearless and AMAZING things will come your way.

fashion synergy said...

High Fashion Emerging Designers Wanted for Fashion Week Show: The Emerging Trends 2010 for Boston Fashion Week promises to bring the best Euro chic designers to the Boston market. In the last two years, we have worked with over 25 international and national designers, major sponsors, buyers and press and 30 photographers from Boston and New York giving extensive opportunity for emerging designers to shine. Spots are limited and we book months in advance. At the show, you will receive all models, hair, makeup, video clips, photos, buyers contact and networking opportunity at one of the biggest and prestigious shows in Boston. Over 600 fashion forward individuals come to our show and our designers are promoted to over 200k people via online and offline marketing.

For more info about our past show, please visit: http://www.theEmergingTrends.com or our promo video from last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AezCJlFCo8.

About Us:
The SYNERGY Events (www.theSYNERGYevents.com) uses very unique online and offline marketing strategies to produce themed events in both Boston and New York City, which have been covered by Boston Globe, Fashion Boston, Boston Common, Improper Bostonian, Boston Magazine & many other online and print publications. These special events present known, and soon to be talents with a great opportunity to introduce their exceptional work, while networking and enjoying other talents from around the world.

Contact Us:
Please send all contact details with your portfolio to:
BostonFashion[at]theSYNERGYevents.com