Tuesday, January 26, 2010

spring | summer 2010 review

I’ve been absent. Consumed by just about everything I’m not interested in. And though I’ve been working way too much, I haven’t forgotten.

I haven’t forgotten what it feels like to truly create. Though I have little time to read, write, be inspired, and express, I do remember the feeling. Nope, I haven’t forgotten that when it comes down to it, I don’t breathe brochures, print ads, staff meetings, and so forth. What I spend the majority of my day “doing” is not nearly the sum of who I am.

Point being, more often than not when we have little control over circumstances in our lives, we focus intently on one thing. This review was my “one” thing. You see, these runway reviews take a ton of time. Hours spent cataloging and cropping photos, laying out pages, and finding the right words to place on each page. Seriously, hours. Lots of hours. Yet, creating these collections are something I look forward to.

Ask me two months ago if I thought I could get this thing done, the answer would have been no. Yet with the ensuing weeks, I became more intent on getting this review completed. I may not have time to read my magazines, work on design, take bubble baths, go to the gym, and so forth…but damnit, I was going to get this stupid thing done. I had hoped to finish it up before February magazines drop on the 15, but I didn’t.

I’m 11 days late. But hey, it’s done.

There is a lot to look forward this spring. The ladies brought it* to the runway this season. Phoebe Philo for Celine, Hannah MacGibbon for Chloe, Isabel Marant, Donna Karan, even Rachel Comey knocked it out of the park. This season is all about being a woman. Peek-a-boo blouses, frivolous feathers, goddess draped dresses, belly-baring tops – whether wearing pants or skirts, dresses or blouses, you bet it will be distinctively feminine.

See more of what I’m talking about in my spring summer 2010 review.
____________________

*As in, “bring the heat”. Like Russell Crowe brought it in Gladiator.

6 comments:

diane said...

I can't pull it up on my computer :(

Slices of Beauty... said...

Love the image, really cute!

Inkit Myway said...

wear loads of dark and bright colors like orange goes owsum with blue,grey and purple to have a cozy and safer feeling in the season of hot and cold.i'd like to mention Leigh Lezark’s unique style and Erin Wasson to get a cindy crawford feeling and girl olivia and Nicky Hilton are next to mention.

Taylor Sterling said...

new to the b,og and love it! creative writing and images! xx new follower!

Boudoir Photography said...

I love the quote in the picture.....in my world....i hate following the rules...break them....the end result is always.."How does this image make you feel?"

Joanna said...

"What I spend the majority of my day “doing” is not nearly the sum of who I am."

Amen! I think many of us could say the same. I know I can.