Friday, January 9, 2009

As Promised - Spring 2009 Runway Review

It's taken hours, lots of hours. I have cut, cropped, and color adjusted. Been glued to the youtube, style.com, and practically married to Indesign. But it is finally complete and now I give you my spring 2009 Runway Review.

I know it is only January, but my intent has been to get this project done before numerous national magazines came out with their own trend reports. Often times I find what these magazines put out is a little bit of everything, but not a lot of substance.

My goal with these runway reviews (aside from keeping myself entertained) is to provide readers a practical look at what is "hot" for the upcoming season. I don't want to tell you to go buy a zebra printed dress just because five designers sent them down the runway. Odd are, 1 in 10,000 of us can pull of a zebra dress. Instead I try to focus on the rational, highly possible trends that you can shop around for in the coming months and be proud to own for years to come.

On a personal note, I enjoyed watching the runways this spring. This is probably the case because a lot of spring 2009 could have been fall 2008. The colors were darker, and a lot the clothes were classic, staple pieces that every woman should own.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the pages ahead in my spring 2009 Runway Review.

Until Monday...

p.s. Don't forget to enter for this months Giveaway. All you have to do is read the post and leave a comment. Enter here.

9 comments:

cassandra said...

can't wait to go through it!! i got stuck halfway through mine this year and never got back to it... whoops. maybe i'll get motivated now :)

see you tonight! yay!

Nora Whynot Press said...

Thanks Stacy for a fab review. Such a lot of effort and very inspirational. Well done!

Anonymous said...

love your little review...and personally...i love eeeeevvvvvvveeeerrrrrything from the "grey is the new black" section...(geez, why didn't you apply to be on "elle's stylista"???)
nancy

i.d. said...

This is a fantastic overview! Thank you dear! Your efforts are much appreciated - I'm already looking forward to your fall review, lol! xx

Maggie May said...

just popping in to say hi, enjoying your blog :)

Juley said...

I've been reading your preview religiously!! You've done such a great job.

Are you associated with any magazines or publications? Sorry if you've mentioned it before..this is my first time here, but I'll be coming back!

-Juley
swankheights.blogspot.com

Tina { Luphia Loves... } said...

you did a fantastic job, it looks like something out of vogue! thanks for putting it together as i really enjoyed reading it! :)

Ana said...

Oooh! I totally love your take on the Spring shows!

The pages on the asymmetrical looks, the sherbet trend, and those gray pieces were particularly great. That Christopher Kane dress is drop dead gorgeous!

Hello Lindello said...

This was great. I'm so excited for spring now(especially since its -4 here)!