Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Web Work

London Fashion Week kicked off Sunday. And though I could post more about designers and runways shows (which I will eventually), I am more thrilled about their website – www.londonfashionweek.co.uk.

I thought MB New York Fashion Week website was awful. The roman look with the columns wasn’t working for me. And the lame green plants on the side, I just didn’t get it. I appreciated the video footage and photos but almost all the videos cut out half-way through which was annoying to say the least.

But London Fashion Week, now their website is awesome. The Flash banners and the square images make the website look cohesive. They have also posted photos and video for each runway show. But in addition to the photos and video footage, they also have short interviews with all the designers about their collections. So the website isn’t just pleasing to look at, it’s a resource for all of us out there that just can’t get enough.

Anyways, note to self: Christopher Kane and Todd Lynn show this evening.

No comments: