Friday, January 18, 2008

it's about time . . .

I have forever said that Seattle is awesome EXCEPT for the fact that it is far behind in fashion. Though there is a Chanel boutique inside of Nordstrom’s, Seattle lacks a lot of what San Francisco and New York have to offer (aside from our so-called public transportation).

I would kill for Prada, Marc Jacobs, a Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Calvin Klein. Though I probably couldn’t afford a roll of toilet paper at most places, I would still love to have them around to look at and lust after, and remind me of why I continue to go to work everyday.

I don’t see Seattle acquiring any of these stores soon. But there is one big improvement headed our way… H&M is coming to Seattle. According to the Seattle PI, Seattle is going to get 3 H&M stores,

“The company said it would open in a two-level, 19,000-square-foot store in University Village, a 25,000-square-foot, two-floor store at Westfield Southcenter and a 16,000-square-foot store at 520 Pike St. in downtown Seattle.”

Can you feel the excitement! If all things go as planned, the stores should be opening in August or September. Just in time to buy winter scarves, cute jackets, black skirts, and all the cheap accessories your heart could desire.

Finally, those of us up north won’t have to choose between shopping at the Old Navy, the Gap, or Banana Republic (you get my point here).

Some of my personal favorites . . .



No comments: