Monday, December 29, 2008

remember this on "those days"

vanessa paradisSometimes we have bad days, sometimes bad weeks. I think it is safe to say that all of us wake up some mornings feeling ugly and fat with black bags under our eyes. Our jeans don't fit right. Our hair won't stay up. Our skin is stressed and a pimple is beginning to show. These are the mornings I wear a hooded sweatshirt. And these are the days my husband knows not to get close to me.

That being said, it's nice to find a beautiful woman that ISN'T perfect. Case in point - Vanessa Paradis. I cannot say for sure that Vanessa Paradis hasn't had some soft of body-altering surgery. Who knows. At this point, it seems like everyone has. But it appears safe to say she has opted out of fixing the gap between her teeth.

Looking at the photos above, I believe it is because she has a gap in her teeth that she is even more beautiful, and perhap the photo on the left becomes a bit more real.

So on those awful, uncomfortable, "nothing in the closet is working right" mornings remember that perhaps it is our imperfections that make us perfect just the way we are.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the wonderful reminder, and yes I think that gap in her teeth makes her even more beautiful.

Well said.

Leila said...

Beautifully said.

Micaela said...

aw i needed this on this bla monday. thanks!!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I love real beauty. It is so much more interesting.

Love + Cake said...

Wonderfully put! Great point in this post. Thank you for the reminder :) lovely blog, too.

x. Mav

Anonymous said...

I think she is really beautiful! What a well said post!

Anne

Nil said...

Definitely! We should learn and not forget that point. I love that photo

Maggie May said...

i love this blog. short sweet and to the point.

Unknown said...

i couldn't agree more. imperfections are what makes us beautiful.

/maisie #1