Sunday, May 4, 2008

French Home

French Home by Josephine Ryan may just be my favorite French inspiration book I’ve ever seen. A source for information and inspiration, French Home is an incredible book.

The 1st half of the book focuses on what it calls “the elements” of French style - Furniture, Architectural Details, Color, Textiles, Mirrors and Pictures, Lighting, Ceramics and Glass, Collections and Displays. The book relates these elements to French style and gives tips, examples, and an array of photos to illustrate how to make each element distinctively French.


The 2nd half of the book is full of images that showcase how each of the “elements” work together in your living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and every other room in your home.


French Home is well written and easy to understand, but the best part is by far the photos. The book is filled with stunning photos, hundreds to inspire you and spark your creative interest. It has served me well as a reference book for inspiration and I seriously recommend you go buy it NOW.

P.S. Don't forget to send me your photos for the The Giveaways. Someone lucky will be getting photo cards from Alicia Bock. Check out all the details here.

5 comments:

littlebyrd said...

I love a good design book and can spend hours pouring over the pictures. Thanks for the recommendation - I will definitely check this one out - it looks beautiful!

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

I wish I lived in a home that looked like those images. pure bliss!

Sals said...

Gorgeous. I'll look for this next time I visit the bookstore.

TIG said...

Beautiful, beautiful book--thanks for the preview--will definitely order it.

please sir said...

Looks like a magical book!